- Who We Are
- Kelly Ann Brown
- Board of Directors
- Grant Process
- 2019 Grants >
- 2018 Grants >
- Seahawks Equality Fund
- Mother Jones Investigative Fund
- Megan Mudge Scholarship Fund
- Charlotte Maxwell Clinic
- Vashon Wilderness Program
- Father Roy Bourgeois
- Northwest Immigrant Rights Project
- Legal Voice
- Color of Change
- The Nuns, The Priests, and The Bombs
- Harmony Project
- Honolulu Biennial Foundation
- El Centro de la Raza
- 2016 Grants >
- 2015 Grants >
- 2014 Grants >
- 2013 Grants >
- 826 Valencia
- The Los Angeles Maritime Institute/Topsail
- Center for Justice and Accountability
- Ruth Asawa School of the Arts
- Maasai Children's Initiative
- Pathways to Independence
- New Connections
- Homeboy Industries
- Pink Smoke Over the Vatican
- Father Roy Bourgeois
- Yeko Anim
- Annie Wright Schools
- 2011 Grants >
- AWS Endowment Fund
Kentucky Civic Engagement Table
“Every election is determined by the people who show up.”
— Larry J. Sabato
In 2019, the Kelly Ann Brown Foundation continued to focus on supporting efforts to increase voter turnout. The board especially wanted to support communities whose right to vote has long been suppressed and whom the current administration is actively working to keep from the polls on November 3, 2020.
KABF gave Kentucky Civic Engagement Table (KCET) a 2019 grant for the purpose of supporting their concerted efforts in providing civic engagement infrastructure and capacity growth in Kentucky. KCET is a coordinated umbrella organization that provides the tools to help smaller progressive grassroots’ nonprofits succeed.
KCET aims to “support and empower the work of lower-capacity frontline organizations across Kentucky.” They believe that robust representation is essential for healthy communities and that it is everyone’s fundamental right to participate in our democracy.
KCET accomplishes these admirable goals through:
- Capacity Building: KCET supports their Kentucky allies with trainings, tools and other resources to help them register and engage voters in their communities.
- Voting Rights: KCET works with their allies to restore voting rights for Kentuckians with felony convictions.
- Transformational Leadership Development: KCET empowers new leaders within underrepresented communities.
KABF is grateful for the work Kentucky Civic Engagement Table is doing. To find out more, visit their website.